Study scientific fundamentals and explore the foundation of all living things!
Why Biochemistry at Bay Path University?
Biochemistry is the study of the chemistry of life. This program is intended for those interested in the chemical and molecular aspects of the life sciences and the reactions that underpin living systems, such as those that provide cells with energy to perform myriad activities and functions and the biosynthetic reactions that enable cells to repair, grow, and divide. The Biochemistry program provides a mechanism to study the chemistry of molecules found in living organisms—in particular proteins, DNA and RNA, lipids and carbohydrates. Students gain the knowledge and experience needed to pursue a variety of career paths.
As a Biochemistry major, you will:
- Explore the reactions that occur in all living things
- Study the chemistry of molecules
- Take an array of courses in math, biology and chemistry
- Learn in labs equipped with the latest technology and instrumentation
- Pursue special research projects and activities
With access to state-of-the-art equipment typically found only in industry and graduate laboratories, our students gain real-life work experience and put theories to practical use. Our instrumentation includes: