Make a difference in a child’s education, right from the start!
Why Early Childhood Education at Bay Path University?
The Early Childhood Education curriculum includes courses in early literacy, motor development, math, science, and social and emotional development. This program will prepare you to teach pre-K through second grade. Bay Path University provides both a licensure and non-licensure program.
As a student in the licensure program, you will:
- Pursue an education that prepares you to teach children with and without disabilities in pre-K through grade two
- Complete a supervised field-based pre-practicum and student teaching practicum in a public early childhood classroom
- Gain a level of experience for field-based work that exceeds requirements of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Earn an initial license issued by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (license qualifies for reciprocity in states that participate in the Interstate Agreement and endorse similar licensure)
- Develop the background necessary to pursue certification and licensure in other states
The non-licensure program is designed for students who do not wish to pursue public teaching certification, yet want to pursue a career working with young children or pursue a graduate degree in education or psychology.