Learn to analyze and solve real-life criminal justice problems as Bay Path University prepares you for a career in law enforcement, criminology, public service or advocacy.
Why Criminal Justice at Bay Path University?
Study criminal justice at Bay Path, and find your passion in a field that spans homeland security, emergency management, law enforcement, corrections, probation and parole, social support, and juvenile justice.
Criminal justice is a form of public service—depending on what you want to pursue, you will be working with individuals and/or communities. Whatever the profession, you are making our world safer and carrying out our laws. If you are considering a career in this area, here’s a checklist of some of the qualities you need: excellent communication skills, good judgement, empathy to others, leadership, and a strong ethically grounding.
Bay Path’s criminal justice programs will give you a broader understanding of the issues within our communities. As a criminal justice student, you will:
- Examine criminal behaviors, and society’s prevention methods and responses
- Hone your critical-thinking and communication skills
- Understand the historical, political and social context of women in the criminal justice system
- Manage, lead and evaluate organizational goals and ethical standards
- Conduct and analyze primary research