Gain the skills and experience needed for a career in modern science!
Why Biology at Bay Path University?
The Biology program integrates lectures with laboratory sessions. At Bay Path University, biology classes are small for a reason — to provide the constant opportunity for discussion, exploration, and exchange of ideas.
As a student in the Biology program, you will:
- Work closely with faculty on everything from in-class projects to advanced scientific research
- Integrate lectures and laboratory techniques with hands-on learning
- Learn how to think objectively and question assumptions
- Experience a curriculum that incorporates modern technology and tools
- Develop the skills needed to work collaboratively in a lab setting
- Gain real-world experience and implement practical theories through internships and world-class facilities
Biology students spend their first two years learning the fundamentals of biological and physical sciences. The next two years are spent completely immersed in the field of biology, with the opportunity to concentrate in a chosen area.
The main science laboratories and classrooms includes fluid learning spaces that teach students how to work collaboratively in the lab, think objectively, and ask questions—all important skills for a scientist. With access to state-of-the-art equipment typically found only in industry and graduate laboratories, our students gain real-life work experience and put theories to practical use. Our instrumentation includes:
Bay Path offers a variety of student support, including peer, professional, and online tutoring. The faculty encourages me to work individually and in groups, and pushes me to attain my goals. Bay Path has helped me in infinite ways in preparing me for success, starting my first year when I got accepted into a summer program at Columbia University." - Yismel, Biology & Medical Science Double Major