Prepare to be a teacher, and a leader, at the elementary-school level!
Why Elementary Education at Bay Path University?
The Elementary Education curriculum will prepare you with the skills and knowledge necessary to create a safe and inclusive learning environment for all children. This program will prepare you to teach elementary school grades 1-6. Bay Path University provides both a licensure and non-licensure program.
As a student in the licensure program, you will:
- Complete a supervised field-based pre-practicum and student teaching practicum in a public elementary school classroom
- Gain a level of experience for field-based work that exceeds requirements of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Earn an initial license issued by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Develop the background necessary to pursue certification and licensure in other states
The non-licensure program is designed for students who do not wish to pursue public teaching certification, yet wish to pursue a career working with children or wish to pursue a graduate degree in education or psychology. As a student in the non-licensure program, you will complete all the requirements of an education degree, except the practicum and Massachusetts Tests of Educational Licensure.
Congratulations to our Bay Path University students who are 2020 Pioneer Valley Excellence in Teaching Award Winners (Grinspoon)!
• Hannah Apple – Undergraduate Elementary Education Major (by St Joan of Arc School)
• Caitlyn Sayers – Undergraduate Elementary Education Major and MSEd in Elementary Education (by Gerena Community School)
• Kristina Schultz –Undergraduate Elementary Education Major (by Littleville Elementary School)