Express your love for color, design and layout - make it part of your career!
Why Interior Design: Residential & Commercial at Bay Path University?
As a Interior Design: Residential & Commercial student, you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to design, plan, market and sell interior space concepts for homes and office buildings.
Students explore retail, wholesale and specialty aspects of the residential and commercial design industry. In this major, you will:
- Learn to create and transform home and office interiors
- Study historical and contemporary design trends
- Visit design showrooms and meet with product line sales professionals and vendors
- Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to recommend products, take measurements and estimate budgets
- Explore the array of products available in the design marketplace
- Have the opportunity to participate in local show houses and design events
I was very fortunate to take advantage of Bay Path's study abroad program in Florence, Italy. For a whole semester I studied alongside students from other U.S. colleges—we traveled together on weekends and holiday breaks to visit many of the fantastic sights of Italy. I gained valuable insight into the similarities and differences between American and Italian design and had the chance to assist with a creative project at an Italian design studio—it was a life-altering experience!" - Ruth, Interior Design: Residential & Commercial Major