Help children learn, grow and thrive by focusing your BA degree in the field of Child Psychology.
Why Child Psychology at Bay Path University?
Child Psychology majors study all aspects of child development — physical, intellectual, emotional, social and moral — as well as other areas that play a key role in development, including parenting, family dynamics and the education system.
The program is designed for those interested in working with children of all ages, from infants to adolescents. While studying child psychology, you will:
- Learn the stages of development and significant milestones in a child’s life
- Explore the causes of childhood mental illness and the cultural influences that shape identity
- Study the fundamentals of early intervention programs
- Complete diagnostic reports and behavioral observations
- Become proficient in the essentials of family communication
- Engage in special projects and class assignments that focus on active learning and practical application of concepts
- Have the opportunity to complete an internship with one of Bay Path’s Community Partner organizations