Students and Alumni Stories
Our students and alumni news, and experiences in the program and how it has affected their lives.
"Even though I knew Genetic Counseling would touch on so many of my passions, a career change at 40 was very intimidating, and seemed impossible at times. But Bay Path's hybrid online program eliminated many of the logistical variables for a non-traditional student like me. The training has been excellent, and I landed the job of my dreams." - Page Brody G'19
- Second year student Page Brody has written a column for the student corner of Perspectives, the quarterly newsletter of the National Society of Genetic Counselors, entitled The 21st Century Classroom.
- Second year students Erick Anderson and Rebekah Waikel will be presenting their capstone research at the poster session of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics meeting in Seattle, April 2019.
- First year student Allison Wood will be presenting at the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) Newborn Screening and Genetic Testing Symposium in Chicago, April 2019.
- Second year student Deanna Cross and first year student Allison Wood have been accepted to the Public Health Genetics and Precision Medicine Roles fellowship through the National Society of Genetic Counselors.
- First year student Katherine Jodrey has been accepted to a genetic counseling laboratory internship at the Mayo Clinic, June 2019.
All second year students presented their capstone research at Bay Path's Academic Achievement Day on 4/10/19.