Springfield Public Schools staff, there's a place for you here!
Bay Path's highly regarded degrees in education - with and without licensure - are offered right here in Western Massachusetts.Areas of Study Request Info Apply Free Online - in Less than 10 Minutes!
The American Women’s College at Bay Path University is known for empowerment, strength and perseverance. We are light years ahead of our competition when it comes to our award-winning online technology and its usability for our students! TAWC has been serving adult women for 20 years so we know how to make college work for busy adult women who want to go – or go back – to college. We offer you options designed specifically to accommodate you, including:
- A competitive tuition rate of just $410 a credit with no hidden fees!
- Accelerated pace—finish in 1 to 3 ½ years depending on your transfer credits. And you can take one or two classes every six weeks. There is never a specific time that you have to be online, so you can go to school when it’s convenient, working around jobs, families and just life in general.
- Six different sessions you can start in: September, November, January, February, April and June!
- Option to transfer up to 90 credits towards your bachelor's degree, and earn credit for prior learning through work, volunteer or military service
Our accelerated degrees in Education can help get you to the front of the classroom! We offer undergraduate education degree programs with and without a licensure track:
- Elementary Education with initial licensure (grades 1-6)
- Early Childhood Education with initial licensure (pre-K-2)
- Early Childhood Leadership
- Education Studies
Students love our rigorous education curriculum because it prepares them to meet Massachusetts DESE (Department of Elementary & Secondary Education) requirements for licensure. It also meets education requirements for the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) certifications.
*Certifications are issued by the Department of EEC, not Bay Path. While Bay Path makes an effort to stay up to date with requirements, it is encouraged for students to confirm with the Department of EEC that courses taken will be approved for intended Certification.
Pre-Practicum & Practicum Classroom Experience
- Gain a level of experience for field-based work that exceeds requirements of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- All Education courses before Practicum will include observations and/or field work in Early Childhood or Elementary school settings.
"What will my classes be like?"
The majority of your coursework can be taken online. There are a small number of education courses required to be taken on-campus in either Longmeadow or Sturbridge, MA. on Saturdays.
How do I apply for admission?
- If you are just getting started, you can learn more here!
- When you are ready to apply, complete our free online application! It takes only about ten minutes. (Be sure to put Springfield Public Schools in the "Employer Name" field!)
MTEL PREPARATION COURSES: 1 credit courses are available for the Communication and Literacy Skills and Math Subtest MTEL exams. These courses are available to anyone who is interested.
For more information, contact Shirley Montovani, Assistant Academic Director of Education Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org