Special Education Administrator
Graduate Admissions Requirements
Enrolling Now, Classes Begin February 27, 2023
Prospective students may apply for admission to the MSEd/EdS in Special Education Administrator program throughout the year. Classes start every February and October.
This graduate program is for students who currently hold either:
- An initial license in special education, or a certificate as a school guidance counselor, school principal/assistant school principal, school psychologist, school social worker/school adjustment counselor, or speech, language and hearing disorders teacher and completion of three full years of employment in a district-wide, school-based, or other educational setting, or
- Completion of at least three full years of employment in law, public policy, higher education, or other related field accepted by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
For consideration, applicants must submit the following documents to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- A completed application - Apply Now
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (a GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred)
- An original essay of at least 300-500 words on the topic: "Why the graduate program in Special Education Administrator is important to my personal and professional goals"
- A current resume
- Two recommendations - Download the form here
- A signed program requirement form - Download the form here
- A copy of your current teaching license
- Passing scores on the Communication and Literacy Skills portion of the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL)
All documentation, including recommendation forms and official transcripts may be mailed or emailed directly to Bay Path University Office of Graduate Admissions:
East Longmeadow Campus:
Bay Path University
Office of Graduate Admissions
588 Longmeadow Street
Longmeadow, MA 01106
Please visit the MSEd/EdS in Special Education Administrator program page to learn about curriculum, faculty, program options and more!