Early Childhood Leadership - Main Campus
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN LIBERAL STUDIES
This program provides an opportunity for students to gain the educational credentials they need to become a Lead Teacher and/or Director in a daycare or preschool setting. In addition, it provides the credentials needed to become a paraprofessional in an Early Childhood or Elementary Public School setting.
- Gain an understanding of young children’s characteristics and needs
- Learn about the importance of, influences, and ways to support early childhood development
- Develop an understanding of assessment and curriculum including children with disabilities; identify important teaching strategies and developmentally appropriate curriculum to creative a supportive and effective learning environment
- Cultivate leadership through coursework and a 6 credit internship
- Work closely with Education faculty and mentors in the field through observations and classroom practice to develop readiness to be educators and leaders in the field of Early Childhood Education.