Reading & Literacy Instruction
Graduate Admissions Requirements
Enrolling Now, Classes Begin June 24, 2019
Prospective students may apply for admission to the MSEd/EdS in Reading & Literacy Instruction throughout the year.
* Massachusetts Teachers
Teachers who want to pursue a Massachusetts Reading Specialist License must successfully complete the Reading & Literacy Instruction degree courses, pass the Reading Specialist Licensure and Communication and Literacy Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTELs), have at least an initial teaching license and have taught under that license for one year, and complete a practicum field experience in a Massachusetts public school setting or a Massachusetts approved private special education school.
* VT, CT, NY, NH, RI Teachers
Bay Path University offers a degree, but not endorsement or certification to out of state teachers. Out of state teachers enrolled in the Reading & Literacy Instruction degree program interested in their state’s reading specialist licensure/certification requirements must contact their state’s department of education directly to find their state requirements and see how our program coursework can be applied toward your state’s reading specialist licensure/certification.
For consideration, applicants must submit the following admission requirements:
- A completed application - Apply Now
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (a GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred)
- An original essay of 300-500 words on the topic: "Why the MSEd/EdS in Reading & Literacy Instruction is important to my personal and professional goals"
- A current resume
- Two recommendations - Click Here to download the form
- A signed program requirement form - Click Here to download form
- A copy of MTEL results (Licensure Applicants Only)
- A copy of your current teaching license (Licensure Applicants Only)
All documentation including recommendation forms and official transcripts must be mailed directly to Bay Path University's Office of Graduate Admissions:
East Longmeadow Campus Mail to:
Bay Path University
Office of Graduate Admissions
588 Longmeadow Street
Longmeadow, MA 01106
Please visit the MSEd/EdS in Reading & Literacy Instruction program page to learn about curriculum, faculty, program options and more!