Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling requires completion of a minimum total of 60 credit hours, including 48 semester hours of academic courses, plus an additional 12 credits of supervised practicum and internship.
5 Program Options:
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - 60 credits, fully compliant with LMHC eligibility requirements
- MS in CMHC/Advanced Trauma-Informed Counseling - (48 course credits + 12 practicum & internship credits)
- MS in CMHC/Alcohol & Drug Use Counseling - (48 course credits + 12 practicum & internship credits)
- MS in CMHC/Early Intervention - (48 course credits + 12 practicum & internship credits, including 3 semesters of internship (600 total hours), of which a minimum of 300 must be performed at a DPH-approved Early Intervention site.)
- MS in CMHC/School Adjustment Counseling - 60 credits, including a practicum of at least 100 hours and a 800-hour supervised internship, of which 450 hours must be done in a public school setting. Also required are passing grades on the both the MTEL C&L Reading and Writing exams.