Develop the skills you need to build a career in the fast-paced, ever-evolving world of marketing.
Why Marketing at Bay Path University?
Marketing majors at Bay Path University study the principles of business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and consumer-to-consumer marketing. This includes a focus on brand development, marketing research, target audience analysis, strategic business plan development, advertising and sales. Students gain a solid foundation in both business and marketing.
Marketing is the key component in the business chain that makes an idea about a business or service succeed in the marketplace. You have to reach the right customer, at the right time, with the right message. Always “on,” you are looking at trends, interpreting results, managing creative, budgeting and planning, and investigating new channels of communication. You will be in a field that is constantly in motion.
As a Marketing major, you will:
- Study principles of business and marketing communications
- Develop critical, innovative and reflective thinking skills
- Learn to apply knowledge and best practices that assist with development of a business plan or product
- Apply your knowledge by creating original solutions to real-world problems
- Meet women who are leaders in entrepreneurial, corporate and nonprofit settings
As a double-major in marketing and accounting, the Sullivan Career and Life Planning Center was instrumental in ensuring that I graduate on time. With guidance from the center, I was able to secure a summer marketing internship. When I walked into the company, Gravity Switch, for my interview, I was put right in the job for four hours to work on a graphic design project." - Erin, Marketing & Accounting Double Major