SOUL KnowledgePath (KP) at The American Women's College
The SOUL KnowledgePath at The American Women's College customizes instruction to the unique needs of each student by suggesting learning modalities that are most likely to help her in that particular subject. Available modalities include text, videos, audio clips, and interactive exercises.
SOUL KnowledgePath (KP)
- Adaptive learning platform leveraging the power of data analytics to create an interactive personalized learning map for each student.
- The system responds to students’ learning style preferences, presenting content in formats in which the student demonstrates interest and success (e.g., text, video, audio), and gives students tools and guidance to direct their own learning.
- Students can move more quickly through content for which they have proven mastery so they can focus on new material.
- If the student’s responses to quiz questions suggest that she needs to refresh on prerequisite knowledge, the system will deliver content specific to her demonstrated need for review.
- The materials used in KP are Open Educational Resources (OER) which offers a cost-saving alternative to physical textbooks; materials are delivered to students automatically at a low cost. No one gets left behind because they can’t afford the course materials.
- KP provides both students and instructors clear visuals on student performance as well as a shared language on course competencies and desired outcomes.
- Instructors’ personalized feedback is enhanced by having so much detail about the student’s progress at their fingertips; using the data dashboards allows the instructor to maximize their impact with each and every student.
Student Learning Map
SOUL KnowledgePath Flier
SOUL Cheat Sheet Advising
Sample Course Map
KnowledgePath Student Experience
KnowledgePath Infographic - Student
KnowledgePath Course Development
Day One Access Infographic
Creating a KnowledgePath Course Map Video
SOUL FIPSE PROJECT by Bay Path University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.