noun: vision board; plural noun: vision boards; noun: vision board; plural noun: vision boards
a collage of images and words representing a person's wishes or goals, intended to
serve as inspiration or motivation.
"on her vision board, she put a log cabin, a sailboat, a red car, and a man and woman
dancing on a white carpet"
Simply put, a vision board -- or dream board -- is a tool to help you visualize and keep your attention on big-picture goals for your life—personal, professional, financial, lifestyle, all of the above— on whatever you want to focus on.
Using a combination of images and text, it’s easy to create a vision board to help give you focus.
Before you get started on the creative process, it’s helpful to take some time to really think about and clarify your thoughts. What do I really want from (or in) my life? What are my biggest priorities right now? What do I want my life to look like when I reach my goals?
Once you’re ready to dive into the creative process, there are a number of different ways to create your very own vision board:
- Use a whiteboard to write or draw your hopes, dreams, and goals.
- Grab a piece of poster board (or a corkboard) and some old magazines and begin cutting out images or words that represent your goals.
- Download Why Not Me? vision board background and paste it into a Word doc. Print that out and get started on your collage.
- Create a Pinterest board with pictures representing the things that you desire in life. Screenshot that board and print it out. Instant vision board!
- Use a digital program like Canva to create a collage using their free elements (templates, images, graphics, icons etc.) or upload images that you pull from the web.(see instructions below)
Whatever route you take when creating your vision board, the key is to keep it somewhere that you will see it often. Keep reinforcing your goals.
Creating Your Vision Board in Canva
- Go to: Canva.com and sign up for a FREE account.
- Once logged in to Canva, search for “Mood Board”
- Use the upload feature at the left to upload your Why Not Me? Background (to download the Why Not Me? background image - right click then use 'Save Image As' to save it to your computer) and resize as necessary. OR use one of the free backgrounds provided in the program.
- Use images found in the elements tab on Canva, or find images on the web that you like and upload them into the program. Crop, resize and lay out your photos, add text and then download and print, (or share) your vision board to start a focused intention for your life.
For more inspiration and examples, search ‘Vision Board’ or ‘Dream Board’ on Pinterest.
If you’d like additional reading on the subject, check out:
What is a Vision Board? Make the law of attraction work for you!
5 Reasons Everyone Should Make a Vision Board In 2019
Vision Board 101: How to Use This Manifestation Tool