English as a Second Language
Graduate Admissions Requirements
Prospective students may apply for admission to the MSEd/EdS in English as a Second Language throughout the year. Classes begin every May and September.
For consideration, applicants must submit the following admission requirements:
- A completed application - Apply Now
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (a GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred)
- An original essay of 300-500 words on the topic: "Why the MSEd/EdS in English as a Second Language is important to my personal and professional goals"
- A current resume
- Two recommendations - Download the form here
- A signed program requirement form - Download the form
- A copy of MTEL results (if applicable)
- A copy of your current teaching license (if applicable)
- Results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) required of all applicants whose first language is not English ( The program requires a score of 550 or higher)
All documentation including recommendation forms and official transcripts may be mailed or emailed directly to Bay Path University Office of Graduate Admissions:
Bay Path University
Office of Graduate Admissions
588 Longmeadow Street
Longmeadow, MA 01106
To earn an initial license in English as a Second Language, the student must:
- Complete 39-42 graduate credits as designated in this program
- Maintain a cgpa of 3.0 (B) or better
- Pass the MTEL (Communication & Literacy MTEL skills test and the English as a Second Language subject matter test)
- Complete a year-long practicum experience
Please visit the MSEd/EdS in English as a Second Language program page to learn about the curriculum, faculty, program options and more!