Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Community Council
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Community Council was established in October 2016 to serve as a permanent standing council. Dr. Melissa Morriss-Olson, University Provost, serves as the Chair of the council. With a membership of twenty-one, the council will initiate, monitor and assess initiatives, programs, policies and procedures that align with the eight goals published in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Action Plan established by the President’s Task Force on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
They include the following:
- Establish and proactively nurture a campus-wide community and culture that promotes and ensures safety, respect and inclusion for all members.
- Implement an ongoing professional development program for the entire campus community focused on building diversity, equity, and inclusion awareness and sensitivity.
- Establish methods for holding University and leadership accountable for follow through on commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Establish a transparent process for communicating the University's commitment to an inclusive campus community and culture.
- Strengthen recruitment, retention and persistence of students from diverse backgrounds.
- Increase the representation of individuals from diverse backgrounds at all levels of the organization.
- Review and enhance campus facilities planning, student support and communications vehicles to ensure appropriate compliance with ADA.
- Review and enhance curricular and co-curricular offerings, experiences and support to ensure students are well prepared for living and working in a 21st Century world and workplace.