Make a positive impact on the health and wellness of humans or animals. Set the foundation for a career in medicine as you earn your BS in Medical Science.
Why Medical Science at Bay Path University?
The BS in Medical Science combines courses from multiple departments to prepare students for further study in professional healthcare. Students select a program concentration of Pre-Medicine, Pre-Dental, Pre-Veterinary or Pre-Physician Assistant.
As a Medical Science major, you will:
- Approach medical science holistically, studying foundational concepts alongside topics of ethics, spiritual health, wellness and compassion
- Begin your studies with core courses in biology and chemistry that provide a foundation for all medical-related fields
- Focus your second two years of study within your program concentration
- Experience a curriculum specifically designed to align with entrance requirements to medical, dental, veterinary science and physician assistant programs
- Choose between a faculty-mentored research project or professional internship that may be applied to experiential hours required by graduate schools
- Be eligible to participate in the Women in STEM Honors (WiSH) program