March 16, 2020
The University continues to take precautions to ensure the health and well-being of the campus community in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19). University Custodial and Housekeeping Services has enhanced its already thorough cleaning and disinfecting processes by:
- Disinfecting high touch surfaces including doorknobs and handles, light switches, railings, countertops, toilets, sinks, dispensers, and water fountains, with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved products, in all buildings frequently.
- Deploying an electrostatic disinfectant spray machine to fog large areas including bathrooms, classrooms, common areas, and the dining room.
- Increasing use of disinfecting wipes and disinfectant cleaners (AirX75). All disinfectants used follow CDC and EPA recommendations.
- Increasing supply of hand sanitizer stations in most buildings. (If you notice a unit is out of hand sanitizer, send an email to email@example.com.)
- Working with vendors to maintain an adequate supply of these products.
These services are in addition to our routine cleaning schedule. We are grateful to the Custodial and Housekeeping staff for building on their already high standards and for being part of the team committed to keeping our community safe.
It is also important to note that we are working with the property managers at our satellite locations to ensure our standards are upheld.