Join one of the newest and fastest-growing fields in science. Focus your BS degree in the exciting field of Biotechnology.
Why Biotechnology at Bay Path University?
As a Biotechnology major at Bay Path University, you will explore cell and molecular science through a rigorous interdisciplinary education in cell biology, genetics, molecular biology, chemistry, forensic science and microbiology.
Bay Path’s affiliations with biotechnical and biomedical facilities combined with faculty-led research projects enhance the course of study and provide students ample opportunity to gain practical experience in the field.
As a Biotechnology major, you will:
- Become proficient in the use of modern laboratory techniques and instrumentation
- Engage in classroom discussion and research projects that explore the legal, ethical and moral boundaries of genetic research
- Develop the analytical skills needed to conduct experiments in the laboratory and in the field
- Learn how biotechnology impacts a variety of areas such as agriculture/food production, medicine and even environmental pollution
- Be eligible to participate in the Women in STEM Honors (WiSH) program