Biology Secondary Education
Bachelor of Science in Biology
The Biology Secondary Education program consists of a biology major and relevant education courses that prepare students to teach grades eight through twelve.
Now is the perfect time to pursue a degree in Biology Secondary Education. Fueled by rapid changes in the scientific field and a shortage of skilled professionals, the demand for secondary education teachers in biology has never been greater.
As a student in the Biology Secondary Education program, you will:
- Take a combination of Bay Path core courses, biological science core courses and education core courses that prepare you for the Biology MTEL (the licensure needed to teach at the secondary education level)
- Learn in an environment that is focused on experimentation, collaboration and discovery
- Earn an initial license in biology, issued by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Qualify for license equivalency in states other than Massachusetts (students must pass qualifying exams required by each state)
- Be eligible to participate in the Women in STEM Honors (WiSH) program