MS in Nursing Admissions Requirements
RN License & BSN Degree Required
Prospective students may apply for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program throughout the year. Classes start every January and September.
Before starting the program, the following must be completed:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from an accredited program (CCNE, ACEN, CNEA), plus a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
For consideration, applicants must submit the following to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- A completed application - Apply Now
- Official graduate transcript documenting conferral of a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited program (CCNE, ACEN, CNEA), plus a cumulative GPA of 3.0 from these programs.
- An original essay of 250 words on the topic "Why the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is important to my personal and professional goals."
- A current resume.
- A Nursys license verification report verifying unrestricted RN license in the U.S. or in a jurisdiction that is an associate member of the NCSBN.
- Two professional recommendations from healthcare professionals - Download the recommendation here.
- Applicants may be asked to interview via phone or in person at the program director's discretion.
All documentation, including official transcripts, must be mailed directly to Bay Path University's Office of Graduate Admissions:
Bay Path University
Office of Graduate Admissions
588 Longmeadow Street
Longmeadow, MA 01106
Note: Official transcript(s) must be mailed in a signed, sealed envelope or emailed electronically directly from your college/university Registrar's office.