Bay Path University’s online Lean Six Sigma Green Belt in Healthcare Certificate provides a comprehensive curriculum that addresses the rapidly evolving healthcare management environment. This certificate embodies the Body of Knowledge encompassed within the Six Sigma/Lean Green Belt in Healthcare methodology focusing on optimizing workflow, increasing efficiencies, and reducing waste. This methodology provides a powerful framework and quality tools to address chronic operational challenges.
This online certificate consists of core courses from the Masters in Healthcare Management degree. These courses prepare students to assume leadership roles in traditional and non-traditional settings such as healthcare organizations and facilities, consulting firms, law offices, pharmaceutical companies, insurance, and government agencies.
The certificate is embedded in the MS in Healthcare Management Organizational Excellence concentration or can be taken as a standalone certificate.
Topics covered are:
- Continuous process improvement (CPI) in healthcare with emphasis on Lean and Six Sigma concepts and methodologies
- Lean concepts and their applications in healthcare, such as 5s, waste reduction, value stream mapping, and error-proofing
- DMAIC process (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) to solve healthcare issues and advance CPI projects.
- Basic statistical analysis methods and quality tools to determine key relationships between health system inputs and outputs
- The integration of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies for achieving data-driven process improvement in healthcare systems
- Team dynamics and leadership in healthcare to advance efficient and successful healthcare projects
Students will be able to:
- Assess the need and key attributes of a successful Lean/Six Sigma program in an organization
- Analyze the roles and responsibilities of a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt in a healthcare organization
- Compare and contrast the fundamentals of the DMAIC problem-solving methodology
- Evaluate the fundamentals of Lean waste reduction
- Apply the basic Lean Six Sigma tools for project definition, process baseline, improvement analysis, implementation, and sustainability
- Justify the need for advanced problem-solving and improvement methodologies used by project teams
- Integrate the Six Sigma/Lean knowledge and tools to successfully implement, deploy, and sustain process improvements
Did You Know?
Students can complete the certificate program or use their certificate coursework to continue at Bay Path to complete the MS in Healthcare Management - Organizational Excellence Concentration.