Physician Assistant PAthway Program
It’s your time, and how better to spend it than focus on your passion for becoming a Physician Assistant.
In a field where competition is part of the process, where over 2,000 of your peers apply for 30 spots, let Bay Path University be a stepping stone that brings you that much closer to your dream.
What is the Physician Assistant PAthway Program?
- Bay Path University will accept 30 full-time, first-time undergraduate students into our rigorous Physician Assistant PAthway Program.
- In your fourth year, upon meeting the program acceptance guidelines, you have the potential to secure your future as a Physician Assistant as Bay Path will offer the top 10 members of your cohort, who meet the acceptance criteria, a spot in our MS in Physician Assistant Studies.
Bay Path University is one of only a handful of programs that offers this possibility for your future. Start on your PAthway to success at Bay Path University!
The comprehensive evaluation of first-year applicants includes, but is not limited to, Grade Point Average (GPA), standardized test scores (SAT/ACT), rank in class, letters of recommendation, personal essay, and review of high school transcripts. Students must demonstrate knowledge of the profession. It is expected that all successful first-year applicants will have a record of academic performance that clearly demonstrates strong math and science preparation.
It is preferred that students will have embarked on a challenging high school curriculum that included Advanced Placement (AP), Honors, and/or college credit coursework.
Most successful applicants have:
- SAT score >1170
- GPA > 90%
- Four natural science courses
- Three math courses through pre-calculus
Upon acceptance to the University, students must pass all seventy-three (73) credits of the science and math requirements with a grade of “B” or better and core liberal studies curriculum courses with a grade of "C" or better with an overall grade point average of 3.00 each semester. A total of two course repeats allowed and students must meet published academic requirements to be eligible to matriculate in the MS in Physician Assistant Studies.
Should a student not meet the minimum requirements of the Physician Assistant PAthway Program, it may be recommended that the student transition to a traditional science program.
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate their proficiency in the English language by taking the TOEFL iBT® test. The test scores must be submitted directly to the admissions department at Bay Path University. The minimum requirements as stated below are specific to the Physician Assistant Department and does not represent the requirements of the Institution.
- Minimum total test score of 100
- Reading Section, minimum score of 24
- Listening Section, minimum score of 26
- Speaking Section, minimum score of 26
- Writing Section, minimum score of 24