Technology Requirements for Success
To succeed in school - and life - you need the right tools and the skills to use them well. Planning now to meet our technology requirements will put you on the path to success. Not sure how to use everything yet? Don't worry - you'll get lots of practice during orientation!
Technology Requirements for The American Women's College
Your coursework at The American Women’s College requires you to own - or have readily available - a desktop or laptop computer. Your computer should be at most five years old from the date of its production.
For your success, your computer also should be equipped to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Operating System - Windows 8 or newer, or MAC OS X 10.10 or newer
- Memory - 4GB or more of RAM
- Processor Speed - 2GHz or more
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) is required in some courses. We are generally able to provide enrolled students a free copy of Microsoft Office to help with course completion.
- Reliable high-speed internet access - Although not required, having a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 3 Mbps may be helpful if your household has multiple computer users. Test your internet speed now with Speedtest.net or Google's Fiber Speed Test.
We recommend using one of the following free internet browsers:
We do not suggest that you use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge to complete your coursework or access any services offered by the University.
All Devices Are Not Created Equal
We know that your devices help you perform many valuable tasks. However, not all devices will enable you to complete your TAWC assignments successfully. At this time, Chromebooks, tablets (iPads), smartphones, and the Canvas mobile app are not supported for coursework at The American Women’s College. Their use for class assignments may result in limited functionality, loss of work, and inability to access your course materials.
Please speak with your admissions counselor if you'd like more support getting your technology ready for your TAWC journey!
This information was updated May 5, 2020.