Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
The Information Assurance major provides students the expertise needed to identify assess and mitigate data vulnerabilities within an organization. Coursework in a variety of disciplines gives students the knowledge to protect organizations from cybercrimes such as hacking and data manipulation.
Protecting against threats such as viruses, worms, phishing, and identity theft are just some of the challenges you will face in the field of information assurance. You’ll be part of a team that is the first line of defense constantly monitoring networks for intruders.
As an Information Assurance major, you will:
- Develop a well-rounded background in computer science, programming, criminal justice and cyber security
- Benefit from Bay Path’s partnership with AccessData, a leading provider of digital forensics software, training and certification
- Take lab-based classes focused on current topics in digital forensics
- Participate in a work study program that begins during the second year
- Be eligible to participate in the Women in STEM Honors (WiSH) program