Dr. Hayden received a Doctor of Nursing Practice with a leadership focus from American Sentinel University. She earned a MSN from University of Phoenix, a BSN from Lewis-Clark State College, and an ASN from North Idaho College. She holds a national certification as a Nurse Executive.
Dr. Hayden’s clinical expertise includes emergency and trauma services, critical care, ambulatory care, and executive leadership.
Dr. Hayden has been honored to work with students in traditional and online settings for a number of universities for nearly 15 years. She is passionate about helping people achieve their academic, personal, and professional goals.
Dr. Hayden is a contributing author of the Vizient Nurse Residency Program for Ambulatory Care and The Emergency Nurses Association New Nurse Manager’s Survival Guide.
She lives in Montana with her husband of 27 years and their two Labrador Retrievers, two horses, and two goats. They love most outdoor activities.
- Doctoral Project: An evaluation of the effectiveness of a sepsis education intervention on early identification of sepsis in the emergency department
- Research & Clinical Interests:
- Direct Care: Emergency services, trauma, critical care, home health, patient-centered medical home, primary care
- Nursing leadership, interprofessional initiatives, shared governance
- Quality improvement, process improvement