Dr. Carroll is PhD-prepared ANCC certified nurse practitioner in adult health with a focus on gerontology. She has 20+ years of teaching experience and has worked/ taught in acute care, long-term care, home care, and rehabilitation. She works part time as a geri-psych NP consultant in addition to teaching. Her research publications and interests include communication and perceptions, media portrayals of nursing, and diversity/ accessibility.
- Doctoral Project: Phenomenological study on the communication experiences of patients who were nonverbal and ventilated; qualitative media analysis.
- Research & Clinical Interests:
- Mental Health (especially geropsych)
- Accessibility, diversity
- Role and image of Nursing
- Qualitative methodologies