Leadership Exploration Analysis Development (LEAD) Certificate for Early to Mid-Career Women in STEM. 100% Online Program
The LEAD certificate created by a partnership between the Strategic Alliances (SA) division of Bay Path and the University’s Center for Excellence for Women in STEM (CEWS), headed by Dr. Gina Semprebon.
The LEAD Certificate Program is an online professional development and leadership program specifically for women in STEM who wish to develop knowledge and skills to aid in their advancement.
This certificate is structured to allow a flexible approach to learning. You'll be supported as you engage in individual activities and group discussions, ensuring you feel confident to address challenges that come your way.
- Cost: $2,210
- Time: 4 months, including orientation. 2-4 hours/week of self-paced learning, entirely online.
What Does the Program Cover?
- Understanding your leadership style and developing confidence in your abilities
- Developing effective communication skills in a digital workplace
- Learning a win-win negotiating approach and how to deal with other negotiation approaches and tactics
- Cultivating effective use of presentation technologies
- Developing business acumen and an analytical and strategic mindset
- Studying the critical importance of emotional intelligence
- Working on work-life integration and balance
- Honing effective networking skills and revisiting a career development plan
The LEAD certificate program consists of 4 courses offered 100% online. Upon completion of the program, you will receive a STEM Leadership Certificate from Bay Path University.
You will benefit from our 3-pronged approach:
- Dynamic content modules employing active-learning principles
- Focus on developing leadership and action plans unique to individual participants
- Access to high-quality executive and peer coaching from leaders in STEM
Welcome to Your Online Campus
January 20 - January 31, 2020
You'll be welcomed with a personal call and get introduced to your online teaching and technical support network. Begin connecting with fellow participants while exploring the navigation and tools of your Online Campus. Be alerted to key milestones in the learning path, and review how your progress will be assessed. You'll be required to complete your participant profile, confirm your certificate delivery address, and submit proof of identity (ie: drivers license).
DiSC: Enhance Your Leadership Skills
January 20- January 31, 2020
Research in the field of leadership and management shows that success comes to those who know themselves, their strengths, their values, and how they best perform. In this workshop, you will identify your motivators, needs, and stressors. Learn effective ways of dealing with others and become aware of task tensions versus relational tensions. Reviewing your DiSC results with Dr. Mo Sattar, your faculty instructor, you will learn to become a better leader, communicator, and team player.
Developing Your Unique Leadership and Negotiating Abilities
February 10 - February 28, 2020
Module 1: What does effective leadership look like and what are the core knowledge and skills needed?
Module 2: What is the connection between leadership and negotiation and what are the core models of negotiation?
Module 3: Understanding the Interest-Based approach to negotiating and managing key dynamics that impact the process
Developing Targeted Communication in a Digital World to Create Win-Win Scenarios
March 9 - March 27, 2020
Module 1: Targeting Key Audiences in a Complex World
Module 2: Making Connections-The Art of Virtual Collaboration via Video
Module 3: Creating Engaging Multi-modal Presentations
Developing Business Acumen to Drive Results
April 6 - April 24, 2020
Module 1: Introduction to Finance for STEM Professionals
Module 2: Business Strategy
Module 3: Managing Change
Developing Your Career Plan While adding Value to Your Organization
May 4 - May 22, 2020
Module 1: Becoming More Self-Aware (Through Assessments)
Module 2: The Organizational Hierarchy
Module 3: Mentors, Sponsors, and Champions