Improve the quality of life of service populations. Learn to help individuals and communities function effectively as you pursue a Human Services & Rehabilitation major.
Why Human Services & Rehabilitation at The American Women’s College or One Day A Week College?
The Human Services & Rehabilitation major helps advance students working in social, medical, rehabilitation, and human service settings, as well as those intending to move directly into support and human service jobs.
The Human Services & Rehabilitation program incorporates and supports the 12 national standards set by the Human Services Research Institute, the highest expectations in the field. As a student in the program, you will:
- Prepare to meet various human needs through an interdisciplinary knowledge base
- Focus on prevention, as well as remediation of problems
- Develop the skills and knowledge to work in a variety of direct-service roles
- Employ appropriate assessment theory and delivery models
- Evaluate community resources to assist and support clients
- Apply the appropriate skills to treat individuals with developmental disabilities
- Advance the independence, integration, and full participation of individuals with rehabilitation needs in the workforce and the community