One of the most important aspects of Computer Science is problem solving, an essential skill for all of life.
Why Computer Science at Bay Path University?
Computer science is at the heart of knowledge management, research and decision support systems within and across virtually every industry. It is also at the heart of the robotics and other forms of automation taking place in the fastest growing industrial sectors in our country and around the world.
Computing has become more mobile, connected, fast and cost-effective. With sensors embedded seemingly everywhere, work has become a “computer-assisted world” that demands professionals and managers who are able to optimize the use of these breakthroughs – everywhere.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate an advanced depth of knowledge in one or more of the following areas: computer science, data analytic, information assurance, or software design.
- Demonstrate understanding of mathematical structures, mathematical techniques, and formal mathematical reasoning as they pertain to the area of computer science.
- Apply the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for practice in applied computer science.
- Transition from computer science concepts and theory to real computer science applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.