Learn to mine data, develop decision support models, and create strategies that lead to business and organizational success. Earn a BS with a Business Analytics major.
Why Business Analytics at The American Women’s College or One Day A Week College?
Business Analytics allows business and organizational leaders to make informed decisions by tracking, visualizing and evaluating the wealth of data available.
Data is big—and the volume of data is growing every day. As a business analytics professional, your job is to sift through and help to make sense of the various types and levels of information that a company or organization collects. Trends, patterns, and projections are just some aspects of data that you will be called upon to provide.
In this major, you will blend business principles with information technology to learn how to:
- Connect business activities with economic performance and mission outcomes
- Develop decision support systems that are flexible and adaptable to the needs or questions of the organization
- Use quantitative methods, technology and applications to address everyday business problems and opportunities
- Learn to effectively communicate data to stakeholders
- Provide fact-based recommendations to improve business results
- Compare different options and approaches to reduce risk and predict outcomes