Sophomore Year Career Planning Timeline
Planning will help you make the most of your college years. Here are some activities that will help you clarify potential career paths.
- Update your resume and have it critiqued.
- Begin thinking about internship opportunities.
- Read at least one book on career planning.
- Explore at least three career options available through your major.
- Research various occupations.
- Attend job fairs and employer information sessions.
- Identify organizations, associations and alumni in your interest areas for shadowing.
- Join at least one organization related to your major in order to make contact with people in the professional world.
- Work toward a leadership position in a club or activity.
- Put together an interview outfit .
- Continue building relationships.