Enriching the Present and Building the Future
The Bay Path Legacy Society was established as a way to honor those special individuals who strengthen the future of Bay Path College through life-income gifts, charitable bequests and trusts. Bay Path College is honored to recognize alumni and friends who want to reach beyond their lifetime to provide opportunities for future generations by including the College in their Will or establishing a planned gift for the College. These gifts are crucial to the growth and development of Bay Path College.
Through the Legacy Society, the College acknowledges special planned gifts during the donor's lifetime. We wish to recognize the impact of the donor's philanthropy on today's students as well as his or her vision for tomorrow's students.
Ways of Giving
Gifts of Stock
- Gifting long-term appreciated securities may yield a greater tax advantage than giving cash.
- You can use cash or securities to establish a gift annuity.
- If you are age 60 or over, this vehicle can provide you with a secure fixed income for life.
- Payout rates depend on your age; the older you are, the higher the payout rate.
Gifts of Marketable Real Estate
- Gifts of appreciated, marketable real estate have many benefits.
- Certain tax-wise arrangements even allow you to live in the gifted property for life.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
- This type of gift is the most flexible life income gift and is custom tailored by you and your advisors to suit your tax-planning and investment goals.
Gifts of Life Insurance & IRAs
- Fully paid life insurance policies that are no longer needed for their original purpose may make excellent gifts to Bay Path.
- Individual Retirement Accounts have negative tax consequences if left to an heir in a Will. These funds are ideal tax-smart bequests to charity.
Gifts by Will
- Charitable bequests express your values and special interest.
- These legacies are the pillars which support Bay Path's future and ensure its academic excellence.