First Year CPT
Planning will help you make the most of your college years. Here are some activities that will help you clarify potential career paths.
- Start a career information file that includes names of contacts.
- Take interest and care inventory tests.
- Identify at least four skills employers want and plan how you will acquire those skills before graduation.
- Scan the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Learn about the resources in the Sullivan Career Development Center.
- Familiarize yourself with job search resources on the internet.
- Update your resume, and consider taking a resume writing workshop.
- Attend job fairs to gather information about potential careers and employers.
- Talk to faculty, alumni, advisors and counselors about career options.
- Consider volunteer opportunities to build your resume.
- Build relationships.