Bridge to College Program
Have you always wanted to earn your college degree but were not sure if you could handle the school work and balance your life? Maybe you are not sure how to go about attending college or are concerned about the cost? Bay Path College is providing a 4-week workshop to adult women in western Massachusetts who are interested in attending college and making their goal of earning a college degree into a reality.
We all lead busy lives and adding one more thing to the list can be hard. These workshops for women will cover how you can manage your time, study and earn good grades, and still enjoy time with your family. They will give you a sense of what it is like to take a college class, help you identify the skills you will need to do well, and calm your fears about taking this leap. We will take you step by step through how to apply to college and for financial aid so you can afford a college education. Many of the women enrolled in the One Day Program have been where you are and will be there to help. You will not be alone on this journey!
Saturday - June 8, 12, 22, and 29 - 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Bay Path College campus, Longmeadow, MA
Submission Deadline: June 3, 2013 Optional Dates: July 13 and 20
This session will take place on the Bay Path College campus located in Longmeadow, MA. Classes will meet for four consecutive Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., with lunch included. You will be expected to commit to attending each week during the 4-week session.
Click here, to complete our online application form.
Click here, to download and print an application form.
Topics that will be covered over the 4 week session:
- Conquering your fear of computers - technology skills you need to know
- Writing a college application essay - how to turn your life story into an exciting essay
- Supporting your success - time and life management, study skills, and tutoring
- Student services - the resources you need to succeed and the people who will help you along the way
- Holyoke Community College /Bay Path College Partnership - options for affording college
- Applying to college and the courses you will take - what are the steps and how to decide what to study
- Health and Nutrition - how to care for yourself and model healthy habits for your family
- Success stories - meet women enrolled in the One-Day-A-Week Saturday Program
- Prior Learning Assessment - turn your work experience and what you have learned on the job into college credit and save on tuition
- Is College Affordable? (Yes!) - financial aid and scholarships, and filling out the FAFSA Form
- Predictive Index - a tool that helps you understand your personality profile and how you learn
- Career success - how a college education can open doors (plus a Dress for Success fashion show!)
Please join us – and other women like you – to see how a college education can transform your life!
MAIL YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Bay Path College
588 Longmeadow Street
Longmeadow, MA 01106
This program is provided by Bay Path College and funded through generous grants from Western Massachusetts Electric Company and the Lloyd G. Balfour Foundation, Bank of America, trustee.