Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
Goals: Liberal Studies students will be able to:
- Perform high-level literacy skills readily and consistently (listening, reading, writing, public speaking).
- Utilize sophisticated information technologies to conduct research in a variety of Liberal Studies fields.
- Utilize sophisticated computer technologies (hardware and software) and information design skills to communicate effectively.
- Critically analyze complex problems and offer effective solutions.
- Adapt readily to new learning and problem-solving situations in a variety of fields.
- Conduct themselves ethically in their public and private lives.
- Seek out ongoing opportunities for professional growth and life-long learning.
The goal of the Liberal Studies Department is to prepare graduates who are skilled critical thinkers, articulate communicators, and effective problem-solvers who are ready to enter a variety of career paths or to proceed to graduate level study upon completion of their undergraduate studies.